turning ten is a big deal.
hannah wanted a sock hop to celebrate double digits.
we all had a blast preparing and decorating and transforming our home into a dance hall and diner.
there were handcut french fries (thanks to a loaned out fryer), black and white milkshakes (thanks to a borrowed shake maker), mini hamburgers, root beer floats, and ice cream sundaes.
and there was lots of dancing, (the hand jive, mashed potato, the twist) and hula hoop contests to work off all of the eating.
a good time had by all.
happy birthday sweet hannah. xo
hannah had a party with her friends today to celebrate her 9th birthday. she chose a nature theme which involved terrarium making, pin the bee on the hive, animal games, a fruit tart and fruit dipped in chocolate fondue. i am not sure who had more fun, me or the girls. i really enjoy preparing and decorating for parties.
2010 was an abundant year and now I am ready to dive into 2011. I love the feeling of starting a new year. I am not a new year’s resolution kind of gal but I do enjoy making lists of all sorts. So I give you a so called list for 2011, with the idea that if it happens… well great and if it doesn’t well… there is all the time in the world. no pressure.
1. read more.
2. take a dance class. I love to dance. i want to dance more.
3. go for more walks in the woods. go hiking. explore new places.
4. plan a trip. to somewhere we have never been before. maybe involving an airplane. it’s been too long.
5. start taking piano lessons again. but first get the new piano tuned.
6. go on more dates with my hubbie. maybe an overnight. for heavens sakes it’s been 10 years since we have been away alone.
7. meditate. daily. even for just 10 minutes.
8. try new recipes. break out of the same old same old.
9. make more. be creative. i feel so good when i do this. so why not do it more.
10. write. everyday. anything.
11. laugh more. be silly. relax. i love the look on my family’s face when i get goofy.
12. appreciate. every day. every minute. all that i have. life is so good.
happy new year my friends! xo