we had a wonderful thanksgiving. we are thankful for so much in our lives which are full and abundant.
i try to live as slowly as i can but the christmas season really does get me excited. each year it seems as if i put out less and less. twinkle lights do make me happy though.
Archives for November 2010
Sometimes I give a little chuckle when I stop and look around. I can be in my own little world while wood is being chopped, laundry is being hung, and, chickens are clucking at my feet. I pretend we are on our little farm. Then I hear a car drive by and beep, and a neighbor’s leaf blower start up and can smell my neighbors breakfast of sausage and eggs in the air. It’s nice to pretend but it’s also nice to live in a community. I know we stand out a bit. We are the oddballs of the neighborhood. But recently my one neighbor hung up a laundry line. Maybe we are fitting in a little more, or maybe not. I kind of like being the oddball.
Life is good.
The other night as I was biking to a friends house in the cool crisp air, my backpack stuffed with yarn and knitting needles, I thought “I have a really good life!”
Some other things that are making me smile…
* The dark brown walls in my home are turning a light gray today (oh how happy I am about that)
* Singing with Hannah ( we are participating in a round singing group)
* The sun that has been shining bright for over a week now
* I have started to make holiday gifts
* Hannah and Chris have started archery together and love it
* Norah has become more independent. I love her personality. She’s a really neat kid. She is full of life! (although she has been stealing things from stores lately and trying out some new not so appropriate language) sigh… oh my
* My job is amazing. One of my favorite things about it is I go into schools each week and expose young people to what foods are in season and then turn it into a snack. so fun.
* Chris is also so happy with his job. He often says he can’t believe he gets paid to do what he does, teach young people about woodworking, rocketry, and the wilderness… what could be better. And our girls get to participate in it too
Like I said life is good!